Sky Tigers pride themselves on being a laid back and fun group for all type of RC enthusiasts. But some rules and guidelines are always necessary to keep things safe and fun. Below are some club rules and guidelines we all must follow to keep our hobby fun and safe for everyone.
Flying Safety Rules
Flying Site Rules
- All pilots must be a current AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) member unless under the direct supervision of an AMA pilot conducting a training flight via a buddy box. Pilots must also have taken the TRUST training course The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) | THE RECREATIONAL UAS SAFETY TEST (TRUST) TEST by AMA (modelaircraft.org) and register with the FAA, FAADroneZone
- All pilots should be familiar with and follow the Official AMA National Model Aircraft Safety Code.
- Deliberate flying behind the flight safety line is prohibited.
- Taxiing is not allowed in the pit area.
- The maximum number of aircraft in the air at one time should not exceed 5. Unless special events are being held
- Children are not permitted beyond the spectator area unless under the direct supervision of an adult or flight instructor. Exceptions can be made for children who are junior members and have a pilot rating.
- Flight direction is generally determined by wind direction, etc. However, pilots are expected to follow the flight pattern already established by any pilots already in the air. In other words, the first pilot in the air determines the pattern.
- Before powering up any equipment with a FPV video transmitter, please ensure that no one else is currently flying on the same frequency.
- Aircraft must be facing the runway prior to engine start.
- Pilots should announce takeoffs and landings so that other pilots are aware and can accommodate.
- Aircraft that are landing have the right of way. Pilots calling out a dead stick or other urgent situation have the absolute right of way and all other aircraft should clear the runway area immediately.
- If a pilot must walk beyond the flight line to retrieve an aircraft, he/she must call out “ON THE FIELD” to let other pilots know to keep clear.
- Model rocketry is permitted at the field. Common sense as well as the NAR Model Rocket Safety Code should be followed.
Flying Site Rules
- Only Sky Tigers members shall have the access to the sheds, equipment, and gate code.
- The last member to leave the field is responsible for ensuring that any equipment is powered down. All guests must depart when the last member leaves the field.
- Guests must be current AMA member or sponsored by a Sky Tigers Member to fly at the Sky Tigers field. A maximum of three Visits to the field are allowed, after which we strongly encouraged individuals to join Sky Tigers before flying at the field again.
- All pilots, including members, must be able to produce a valid and current AMA membership card upon request.
- Please do not litter or leave items behind when you leave the field. We want to keep our site clean and tidy.
- Mufflers are required on all gas or nitro engines.
- A first aid kit is hanging in the shelter, as is a fire extinguisher.